Thursday, February 09, 2006

President Bush hates Kanye West

And so do I.
Kanye West is, if you don't know, another in the long line of producers who have turned the microphone on themselves and for some reason won the hearts and mind of the country. One of the main reasons this makes me mad is the fact that the man can't rap. Yes, that's right. Kanye west makes P Diddy, the forefather of this insidious trend, and another dude who got no flow, sound like LL Cool J. He makes Lil Jon sound like Chuck D. He makes me sound like Rakim.
Now I think Gold Digger, off this guys newest record, is a good song, but if only someone, anyone else had recorded it, it would have won pop song of the year for me and would probably have cracked the top 20 greatest of all time, but instead, I sometimes turn it off after just a few mush mouthed lines.
Next lets talk about Kanye freestyling on the Barbara Walters special. Never a more embarrassing, uncool, stumblefest have I ever seen.
"Yo, yo , yo you Barbara Walters--pause--never falters---(I got nothing) some of the lines from Jesus Walks--pause pause... I had to turn it off.
Now, the important work Kanye is doing for the black community by pushing his no college agenda. Kanye did not finish college and has one on to use this a bragging right, calling his albums, Late Registration and College Dropout. I have also heard him speak again and again on the topic. Congratulations Mr. West on having reached such success without the "crutch" of college. Not everyone will get as lucky though and damn if you talk one kid out of college who could go and learn and become productive and they don't......
What else...oh right, the grammy speech. Stop it man. There is a huge difference between swagger and assholeedness and my friend...leaning towards asshole. Start with the preinterviews where not one ounce of humility or sportsmanship was given. "I will win. No doubt." is the gist of what the man said. Granted he did win, and blast the voters cause then I had to sit through the worst speech, preceded by the worst joke with the worst timing.
I know there's more, but I'm starting to get angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home