Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Children, School Busses, Social Security, Snow & Apocalypse Now

One of our East Coast friends would like to add his two cents to Korbmania. And I salute him!

A reading from Mark to the Al Gorians:

"Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer; every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around, the walls moved in a little tighter."

It was only a couple of weeks ago when the entire New York Metro area went into a panic over the prospect of snow. Accumulation predicted to begin in the late morning on a Thursday and by six o'clock in the morning sure enough school administrators began their frantic calls to the local news networks to ensure that all of the students, parents, and teachers were aware that they could spend the day resting because as we know the wheels of academia come to a grinding halt when a flake of snow falls from the heavens!

Our country cries whenever it comes to the surface that jobs are moving overseas. Our country cries that China and India are dumping products on Americans. Our country cries for protectionism.

But, for some reason, our country does not cry when little Joey and little Betty voice their entitlement to a day off school; after all, we want to ensure their safety on the school buses! And it is really amazing, as I challenge you to see if little Joey and little Betty are actually sitting at home, avoiding the dangers of the icy roads, or if they are being chauffeured around by their Soccer Moms in their suburban land tanks to play dates!

Our country should cry every time school is cancelled as the greatest investment in future prosperity is education and innovation. Let's face it, with retirement of the Baby Boomer generation imminent, we need all of the education and innovation this country can cultivate. Wait a second, aren't the Baby Boomers the ones canceling school? Are they out of their mind? Who in this country will pay for their Social Security benefits in the future?

I got it! Let's outsource Social Security Funding!

Every day we take a step to discourage education and innovation we get weaker, while every day Charlie is getting stronger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home