Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Stop with the Britney Already

six.
twenty-five.
That's how many reports I heard about Britney Spears in the amount of minutes it took me to get home last night.
6 reports about Britney Spears losing her kids in a twenty-five minute span on the Access Hollywood channel? The Insider Channel? No, the AM all-news radio channel.
No idea what's going on in Iraq or Afghanistan, only one report about stocks reaching their all-time high, no information on how safe or not safe my new community is.
Awesome.
Thanks guys.
I know I've said this before, but why is everyone still wondering why people aren't paying attention to current events or getting their news from traditional sources.
Is it because the radio waves are saturated with this crap that means nothing to me? It's fine, report it once, but I don't need to hear any analysts talking about what this means for Britney or what her friends think about it.
Really, can you tell me something that might actually affect my life or help me know more about the "real" world going on around me?
I also don't care if she is wearing underwear or not or what kind of water she drank after the VMA's.
For once I agree with Kanye West....except for the whole buy "Graduation" thing. That's stupid too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home