Monday, March 20, 2006

The Best Guy I Ever Met

The Best Guy I ever met was the guy who got on a flight with me a couple of years ago with just a cheeseburger in his hand. No backpack, no briefcase, no duffel bag, no garment bag, no full suitcase, just a cheeseburger.
I love this guy.
Its everyone else on the plane that I hate.
I don't know how much of my life I've wasted waiting for Johnny Two Bags to put his giant rolling house in the overhead compartment when clearly I know and he knows, there is no way in hell it will ever fit.
The worst day was the day when the guy jammed his huge American Tourister over my head, he was sitting some rows back, and pulled my bag out and told me, TOLD ME, to put it under my seat. Needless to say, a bit of an scene broke out, but my backpack remained above my head.
What I don't understand is not so much that the idiots bring their ass closets on the plane with them but why the airlines don't enforce the "if it don't fit in here, it goes under the plane" rule. And why I am ever asked to move my bag under my seat to accommodate a shithead who wont check his bag. I have the long legs you see so this don't really work for me...and I followed the damn rules bout the size of carryon!
I encourage all of you to write to your airline and tell them to start enforcing the size of carryon luggage and make the skies indeed more friendly...unless you too tote the 75 pound Samsonite on the plane...then just go to hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home