Friday, July 21, 2006

The Golden Ticket

Of course, I have been watching the coverage of the problems in the Middle East.
Of course, there are douchebags involved.
The first day that the government started getting people out of Lebanon, there were some interviews with some of the folks being taken out. One woman, this is the first group out mind you, explained:
"I feel like I got the golden ticket. Really I feel guilty. I don't know why I get to get out when all of these poor people don't have the opportunity. It seems like I shouldn't go."
All of your friends at home, I'm sure here in the Bay Area, will be very proud of you for making such a sacrifice of saying maybe you should give up your seat. You were very noble, very articulate, and oh so liberal and self-righteous.
One problem. You got on the boat.
You could have won the liberal contest had you given up your place, unfortunately...
Next time, shut up, get on the boat, and thank your lucky stars that marine is there watching your ass and making sure you get out okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home